CB Radio Chat Version 1.9.9 Update is now available
This Article was last updated 01/03/2013 @ 1400 U.S EST | UTC -5
PLUGMIND IT CONSULTING released an update for CB Radio Chat, an Android Voice Chat Application. The update came with no surprise as the Android developer, PLUGMIND was known for releasing updates on a monthly basis.
Why Was An Update Expected?
First there was the No Location/No Talk Range issue. Not long after that the community of CB’ers all recieved Purple stars and had a number ( 2 ) leading each and every user’s username. The Purple stars signify when a user is a paying subscriber to the application. The leading number ( 2 ) just seemed like a flat out bug or a glitch. Many users either stated or theorized that the 2 represented the 2nd year of this Android Live Chat Application existance. None the less it was apparent that the developer had something brewing in the background.
Whats New In Version 1.9.9?
- Location Fix :: PLUGMIND fixes the No Location / No Talk Range bug/glitch/issue.
- UPDATED: Users that have not Updated to the current 1.9.9 version are still hearing users from both World Wide and their own contient. Even when switching to continent mode World Wide is heard. Previously user reports were made that when range control was set on continent there would be nothing but a grey ball and nothing heard.
- Constant Nicknames :: PLUGMIND adds a new feature in where the user must choose a nickname that will stay with their device and is unchangeable.
- UPDATED: Even if you uninstall the chat application, reboot and re-install users are still finding a persistent username (the user name that was chosen during first start-up of version 1.9.9)
- Minor Bug Fixes :: Bugs can occur when new Android devices & over-the-air Android firmwares are released into markets. If you know anything about development then you know that a program/application’s source code is never finished and can always be tweaked.
An article is planned, among many others on the communities reaction and experience with this update.